We’re incredibly honored to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award from our friend, Jill of Vegan Backpacker. Thanks Jill!!! xo
Some of you may not know this but Rose Pedals is run by one little lady by the name of Kristin (that’s me!). So, in an effort to keep the One Lovely Blog Awards going, I’m stepping out from behind “Rose” and the “team” here at Rose Pedals to bring you seven things that you may not know about me. Enjoy!!
1. I LOVE to dance. I’ve taken ballroom dance lessons here and there over the years, and often dream of competing in a ballroom competition some day…if my wallet can ever support the lessons, costumes, and possible transport, and entry fees. I even entered a Dancing with The Stars/Dove contest to appear as a viewer spotlight on the finale of the current season. *Fingers crossed*
2. I grew up working with horses and majored in equestrian studies in college. I was one of the top ranked riders on my college varsity western riding team; coming in 4th place in horsemanship at Nationals my sophomore year, and being the very first rider from my college to qualify for the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Derby in Oklahoma City, OK my senior year. You can read about my internal ‘I’m now vegan but I absolutely value and appreciate my horseback riding days‘ conflict by clicking here.
3. I started an ongoing podcast interview-style blog with my older brother last December to a) finally learn about his 8 year battle with drug addiction, rehab and recovery; and b) to finally get to know him as a person and as my brother. Click here to check it out.
4. One of the most thrilling things I’ve done to date was to go skydiving. And simply having done that wasn’t the most shocking part of the experience — a year after me, most of my family and a few friends went skydiving we found out that the person we were each strapped to (yup, that guy in the pic down there) hit and killed a woman on her bicycle, with his car. He fled the scene and was arrested a few months later. Super scary and super sad.
5. Karaoke terrifies me more than spiders. I’m happy to watch and enjoy the music, but to participate…not if I can help it!
6. My first overseas travel experience was only last November. I know! I visited a dear friend in Istanbul, Turkey for two weeks. We also took a quick weekend trip to visit a mutual friend in Beirut, Lebanon. It. Was. Awesome. And now… I’ve got the travel bug!
7. I quit an awesome job, at an animal welfare org, in January to pursue an entrepreneurial path and to ultimately create a lifestyle that allows me to travel. I’ve since started my own LLC, work part-time for a vegan marketing company, and run Rose Pedals. I’m also in the beginning stages of planning a 1-year-long cross country road trip in an effort to dine at every single 100% vegan restaurant in the U.S. Click here to learn more and/or to join me!
1. Vegan Green Travel
2. The Ethical Man
3. On Our Sleeve
4. Eco-Vegan Gal
5. Erica Barraca Photography
6. Allison’s Gourmet
7. Karine Brighten Events
8. Merryl Brown Events
9. The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur
10. Shimmerfairy’s Blog
11. The Streets I Know
12. Engaged with a Cause
13. Cruelty-Free Face
14. Oh She Glows
If you wish to continue, these are the rules
1. Make a post & link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award 15 great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won